TALK Speech Pathology began in 2000 with 4 colleagues and a vision for creating specialist children’s speech pathology services.
TALK’s speech pathologists specialise in working with children and their families. Talk understands that speech pathology for children is integral to developing communication, learning, social skills and confidence. TALK speech pathologists are members of Speech Pathology Australia and must update their training through completion of the Professional Self-Regulation Certificate each year. The TALK team is well equipped to help families navigate the needs of children who have been diagnosed with a variety of challenges, including;
Autism spectrum disorder, articulation difficulties, Developmental Language Disorder, dyslexia, specific oral and feeding difficulties, stuttering and language and learning delays.
TALK’s team of speech pathologists and administration staff are enthusiastic, professional and experienced in their work. Most importantly, our fundamental goal is to connect with families, and to improve the lives and opportunities of their children.
Talk Speech Pathology is committed to helping children in metropolitan Adelaide, as well as regional and rural areas within South Australia.
Talk currently provides services at the following clinic locations:
Marion (main office), Broadview, Lockelys, Crafers, O’Halloran Hill, Blackwood and Kingswood.
Regional: Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu Peninsula, Murray-Mallee, Mid-North, Upper South-East and Kangaroo Island.
Talk Speech Pathologists also provide services to children and students in many pre-school and school sites across Adelaide.
To enquire about TALK Speech Pathology or locations please contact our reception staff on 8358 1114 or email email@example.com
3/13 Finniss St, Marion (Main Office, adjacent Precious Cargo Child Care Centre)
630 Regency Road, Broadview
3 Rowells Road, Lockleys
O’Halloran Hill Clinic
83 Main South Road, O’Halloran Hill
(In Complete Vision Care Optometry building)
4 Schocroft Avenue, Crafers
257 Main Road, Blackwood (Next to Ouwens Casserley Real Estate)
15 Princes Road, Kingswood
(Adjacent Mitcham Shopping Centre)
Understanding Funding Options
The following Australian Government funding initiatives, and private health cover insurers, currently offer support for speech pathology intervention as follows:
• NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) – funding support for children and adults with a significant and permanent disability. Talk Speech Pathology is able to work with children who have “self-managed” or “plan-managed” funding.
• Chronic Disease Management Program – children of all ages with a chronic medical condition may be able to access Medicare rebates to cover allied health services that help manage their condition. This program is accessed via your GP.
• Private Health Insurance (extras cover). Speak with your insurer to check amounts rebated for speech pathology services as they can vary between funds.
Please call reception on 8358 1114 to discuss your eligibility options in more detail.
TALK can provide on-site (preschool or school) training and development sessions specifically tailored to meet the needs of your staff and/or parents.
On Site Training
Talk Speech Pathologists can come to your site to present to your team.
Core session topics could include:
• Social Language Development and ASD
• Phonological Awareness and Literacy Development – current evidence-based practice and interventions for literacy.
• Developmental Language Impairment/Disorder – what is it? How do we support children who are diagnosed with DLD?
• An Introduction to Speech and Language Development – working on speech sounds.
• Supporting Children with Speech and Language Difficulties – in the
preschool and classroom settings – practical strategies for site use
• Using Technology for Children with Communication Impairment
On-site training is available in metropolitan and regional areas. To discuss costs and your training requirements contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Marion office on 8358 1114.
Call our specialist team to discuss your needs